Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Quit

Well, I'm not going to go all Hulk on this topic or anything, but I wanted to point out that, after over seven years as a member of alphaflight.net, I recently quit the site.

I was on the site almost every day, chatting with people, starting topics up, discussing my love of comic books. Alas, all good things must come to an end.

Over the last year, I saw several instances of favoritism there, where some people's comment were edited or deleted just because somebody with the power to do so, could - and often with no explanation given. As well, some other people were allowed to make outrageous claims and say the nastiest of things, without ever being silenced.

Now, I am not going to tell anybody to stay off of this site. This blog post is about ME and my reaction to what went on there, and shouldn't be taken by others as a reason to either check out the site, or decide against checking it out. I've been on worse forums; this just happened to be the only one that I have actually enjoyed (for the most part), and actually joined and been a part of.

At one point in the last few days, after being attacked again and again by one person in particular, I had enough. I don't need that sort of headache. For many years, I came on the forum at alphaflight.net to share my thoughts with others and have a good time; once I found I was no longer enjoying my time there, and once I found that a visit there could end up with me having a miserable rest of my day due to how one or two people there treated me, it was really a no-brainer to quit going there anymore.

I'll miss the people that I enjoyed chatting with, and there were a few good ones. Even some of those whom I didn't see eye to eye on ("hi Phil!"), I still enjoyed talking with them. It was just a few others that ruined my experience.

So, if nothing else, at least I may be more inclined to post things here at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.ca/ a little more often than I had been (sorry!).

So, despite my no longer being on the alphaflight.net site, I am still in love with comics, and with Alpha Flight. Here is to many more good years of reading comics!

                                                                                         - Dredd Sweet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home